Monday, April 05, 2010

A Day in Orchard Road

The order of the photos in this post should actually be the other way round.
The Body Shop Moringa Body Scrub ($29.90). I used my 1x birthday privilege (20% discount) for only this product. It seems like a waste but since now I rarely shops there, I feel ok. Anyway as of now body scrub is all that I need.


I was accompanying my friend to buy tickets at Cineleisure when I found the stall selling these tops. One piece was priced at $20,but if you buy two pieces, it costs you $30 instead. And that's how I ended up buying two instead of one. Not that I didn't like their design though. Just that I tried not to pile up my belongings in my room.
Marvelous Cream's Uji Green Tea Strawberry Daifuku Mochi (behind) and Belgium Chocolate and Cacao Truffle, both priced at $3 each. Not bad, if you don't mind the sky-high price. They need to be kept in the fridge, which is a new thing for me because so far all the waffles that I have eaten were served warm.
Found this shop (I think it's manicure-pedicure shop) at Mandarin Gallery.
New slippers bought out of desperation after being tortured by my uncomfortable flats. Esprit at 313 Somerset, $16.90 (discounted price)
::Din Tai Fung







::Mezza9 at Grand Hyatt Singapore, 10 Scotts Road Sg 228211
Lunch promotion (two-course set lunch at $29 or three-course at $39, subjected to service charge and GST)
My friend and I chose the three-course one.
Dessert: My friend ordered 'selection of homemade ice cream or sherbet'

while I chose 'baked fruit tart, tahitian vanilla ice cream'.
Main course: I ordered 'rotisserie chicken, parsley-mashed potato, market vegetable, mustard)
and my friend 'deep fried guramme, soy sauce, vegetables, garlic rice'.
Our appetizers are 'crispy bean curd, chicken, mayonnaise' and 'deep fried prawn dumpling, sweet and sour sauce'. Both are nice.



For a three-course menu at that price in a nice restaurant inside a 5-star hotel, this meal is worth it. I saw a selection of cakes too so I will come back again to try. I want to try afternoon tea at Scotts Lounge (also inside the hotel) too, the time I went there it was priced at $28 from 2-5 pm.