Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wild Honey

My second attempt to have brunch here and this time I succeeded. The first time I went there with my friend, it was 1 pm. We didn't know that the place was so popular, with long queue and the waitress telling us that our waiting time was between 1.5 to 2 hours. We were pretty hungry already so we gave it up and went somewhere else to eat. Well, that somewhere else was actually Domani and I posted about the restaurant some time ago. Today my friend and I reached there at 10.30, hoping to avoid long queue. Not bad, the waiting period this time was between 30 and 45 minutes. We walked around Mandarin Gallery though sadly most of the shops were still closed where the cafe was located and exactly 45 minutes later, my phone rang. Our table was ready!
I ordered English ($22), which satisfied me both in taste and quantity, though the latter was a tad more than I could handle (I left behind the crunchy toast). The plate consisted of scrambled eggs, potatoes, mushrooms, baked beans, sausage, bacon, and toast.
My friend ordered S.O.B. ($18), basically salmon capped in buns. It seems to be a temporary item since it was not listed on the main menu.
Prices exclude applicable taxes.
Wild Honey
333A Orchard Road #03-02
Mandarin Gallery S(238897)