Sunday, May 15, 2011

Friday Frenzy

Last Friday I had sudden craving for macarons, and not just any macarons but those from Canelé so after work, despite drained energy, I headed to Raffles City Shopping Centre. I planned to stay in my room for the whole weekend because I was really really fatigue these days and would like to have extra hours of sleep, of which I could only have during the weekends. So I packed myself a dozen of macarons. I chose 10 out of 11 flavors, leaving out the coffee one. So in the picture just below, from top right clockwise were violet, fleur de sel, violet again, strawberry, passion chocolate, hazelnut, rose, fleur de sel again, orange, lemon, chocolate (and maybe with something else), and pistachio. The price for a dozen is $21.50 while the price per piece is $2.50. I like them. I had 5 of them for my breakfast on Saturday which was one of the best ways to start a lazy weekend.



After getting the macarons, I planned to stop by at the restroom and on my way I stumbled upon Dessert Cup. The cupcakes on display looked pretty and I couldn't have but stop and have a look. I ended up buying two, French Earl Grey Banana and Fabulous Chocolat, each cost me $4.50. After which I went back happified. The Earl Grey Banana tasted better according to my opinion. The banana cake blended nicely with the chocolate cream topping.

Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie
252 North Bridge Road
Raffles City Shopping Centre
#B1-46/47
S(179103)


Dessert Cup
252 North Bridge Road

Raffles City Shopping Centre
#B1-73
S(179103)
64682838