Saturday, August 20, 2011

Gurney Drive...Not the One in Penang

Gurney Drive or Persiaran Gurney is one of the places (others include Batu Ferringhi, Butterfly Farm, Queensbay Mall, Botanical Gardens) that my cousin always brings me to whenever I visit her in Penang. I like having my dinner there, usually after a tiring shopping at Gurney Plaza which is located quite near. Apart from kuay teow which was my favorite dish, my cousin normally would get pasembur too, to be shared with the whole family. She used to stay at apartment just opposite the shopping mall so when she was busy during daytime I would simply walk to the mall and spend the day away. The restaurant in this post, also named Gurney Drive, is located at Suntec City, here in Singapore.
Iced Yuan Yang ($2.30) and Iced Teh ($1.90)
Cuttlefish Kangkong ($4.90)
Penang Assam Laksa ($5.50), not as sour and more salty than the usual assam laksa I tried in Penang.
Premium Seafood Fried Koay Teow ($9.90) which I think tasted quite alright.
I was thinking of posting some photos of the foods I took in Gurney Drive during my last few visits but surprisingly I wasn't able to find them yet.

Prices exclude taxes.

Gurney Drive @ Suntec City
3 Temasek Boulevard
#B1-58 Suntec City Mall
6336 8847