Monday, June 21, 2010

Jones the Grocer

Two sundays ago I went to Dempsey Hill slightly before noon to walk around as I was curious if the restaurants were open during the day. It was a pleasant surveying walk. After covering the whole area, I decided to go Jones the Grocer as it was the most crowded one. The foods must be good then, I thought. I was surprised when I entered the place that it was not only a shop serving foods. It sells a lot of gourmet products too! Cookies, cheese, jam, wine... even books! The price was stellar high for most =(, so I ended up buying nothing. Anyway below are the pictures of the foods that I tried that day and the interior of the place.

Rocky Road Dark Chocolate and Rocky Road Milk Chocolate (both priced at $59/kg with minimum order of 50g). The milk chocolate version was good but the dark chocolate one was way too sweet. Consequently after a few bites I felt repulsive of it.
The brownies ($4.50) was good, nicely chocolatey, especially after covered with chocolate sauce on the top.
Smoked Salmon with Poached Eggs ($17.50). Very nice and refreshing.
Jones Traditional English Breakfast ($20), a celebration of flavors and colors.









Jones The Grocer
01-12 dempsey hill
9 Dempsey road, 247697
6476 1512