Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"…because she was making a conscious effort to take with her all the best things about the world she wanted to leave, just in case memories could be carried in one’s pockets and used to plot out the course of whatever it was that came next." - Jodi Picoult, The Pact
"I could see millions and millions of people, all slotted into their lives, then I could see me – I’d lost my place in the universe." - Marian Keyes, Anybody Out There
"Crying had become a great comfort, but it was difficult to arrange times for it because my face took so long to return to normal. It wasn’t safe to do it in the mornings because I looked terrible for work. And it wasn’t safe at lunchtime for the same reason. But evenings were good. I looked forward to them." - Marian Keyes, Anybody Out There