Saturday, November 03, 2007

Ramblings from the Past

bracelet cum necklace from Art Market
chocolate mud cake from Gloria Jean's Coffee
cupcakes sold at Art Market
shopping of the day

The Archaeological Dig












I went to Fort Canning Park today,intending to have a look at the Art Market which is held at the Fort Canning Centre for only two days.My main purpose today is actually to walk the Singapore River route2,which starts at Clarke Quay and ends at Circular Road,somewhere near Boat Quay.It didn't materialise though in the end.Back to Fort Canning,I never knew that it occupied such a big area.I had underestimated it before,thinking that everything in Singapore was forever small(see the tiny Underwater World,Indian National Army Monument,Cenotaph,and many more that lead me to my stereotyping).I spent a good two hours there,exploring every corner of it,not willing to miss any attractions knowing that I am not going to frequent this place often.I visited the Spice Garden for the sake of experience(well,this one is small) and the 14th Century Walk which includes The Keramat Iskandar Syah(I don't like this coffin and cemetery thingy because it looks spooky and somehow thinking and talking about death is still a taboo) and the Archaeological Excavation Site(I was more interested in photographing/capturing its charming site than learning the history of Singapore and its whereabout and the findings etc etc.They don't impress me much.The artifacts all looked pretty much the same although they are categorized into vast number of groupings;white and blue porcelain?green porcelain?Whatever..).I missed out the Parit Singapura.I passed by Fort Gate,that time not knowing that it is the so-called Fort Gate and Asean Sculpture Garden,well nothing much here,indeed it has only disappointingly one sculpture.I didn't go into the Battle Box as it is not for free.I visited Fort Canning Centre in which the Art Market is held.There were not so many things although it is claimed to be the biggest art market in Singapore.I bought a necklace cum bracelet and some pretty cupcakes!Finally I got a chance to get a taste of cupcakes.Now I know they look nice but don't taste as nice.Don't you know that appearance is deceiving haha.
Walked around Raffles City,Marina Square,and CityLink Mall.I begin to fall in love with Raffles City,given the fact that FCUK,Guess,and Calvin Klein products nowadays seem to be more available to me than they were ever before.I am not conveying the message that I am getting richer.Indeed my income remains the same.It is just I am now more open to high-end brands,and an one-hundred-plus-dollar-T-shirt now isn't expensive to me anymore.I went downstairs to the Market Place.I thought that it was merely an eating place.Just discovered that there are many other shops as well!Never knew that there are two shops exclusively selling Roxy and Billabong products,respectively.
I didn't buy anything at Marina Square today.Was considering a glittering Zara tee,but somehow I ended up not buying it.
Didn't have my dinner today.I don't feel hungry.
Walked all the way to Outram Park MRT station.Was trying to tire my legs but didn't succeed.